Effective Teaching and Classroom Management Using Marzano's Strategies
This course will allow participants to take an in-depth look at Marzano’s ten design areas within three categories of teaching - feedback, content, and context. Throughout the book study, participants will explore over 300 classroom strategies to engage learners as well as study a planning framework to nurture specific learning outcomes. Participants will collaboratively discuss changes necessary in education to increase effectiveness in meeting current standards. Participants will design a lesson that uses techniques and strategies from the reading.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Provide and communicate clear learning goals to students.
- Use both formal and informal assessments.
- Conduct direction instruction and knowledge application lessons.
- Implement engagement strategies to motivate and inspire students.
- Develop methods of building relationships with students that communicates high expectations.
- Grade(s): Pre-K | Kindergarten | 1st Grade | 2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | 6th Grade | 7th Grade | 8th Grade | 9th Grade | 10th Grade | 11th Grade | 12th Grade | Elementary K-5 | Secondary 6-12
- Subject(s): Professional Development
- Colorado Academic Standard(s):
- Teacher Quality Standard(s):