Don’t Forget the “M”: Enhancing Math Instruction with an Integrated STEM Unit
Teachers will actively participate in online learning to further develop their understanding of best practices in math, their own understanding of mathematical concepts, and the importance of transdiciplinary teaching and learning (the S, the T, the E, and the M- together!).
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Summarize and reflect on articles that enhance best mathematical practices.
- Analyze a first grade and a fifth grade unit and create a mathematical progression of skills and concepts that would allow students to access this mathematical content.
- Synthesize best mathematical practices and create a transdiciplinary unit.
- Analyze 2 other units to offer feedback on ways to enhance best mathematical practices.
- Grade(s): Pre-K | Kindergarten | 1st Grade | 2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade
- Subject(s): Math | Professional Development | Career And Technical | Science
- Colorado Academic Standard(s):
- Teacher Quality Standard(s):