Science for the Elementary
Teachers will actively participate in online learning to further develop their understanding of a self selected science standard to create, implement, and assess in their classroom with confidence. Teachers will develop the knowledge of their selected standard and develop a unit that they feel confident and excited to teach.
This course is appropriate for elementary science teachers. All teachers, librarians, instructional coaches, and administrators are invited to join us; they will be asked to work on a planning template in a discipline of the science field.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Feel confident and ready to implement lessons from at least one science standard or unit of content.
- Identify valuable resources to help them better understand science concepts and explain them to their students.
- Understand the background knowledge that your students already have and know what they will be working towards in future science classes.
- Refer to their classmates for future lesson ideas.
- Grade(s): Pre-K | Kindergarten | 1st Grade | 2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade
- Subject(s): Science
- Colorado Academic Standard(s):
- Teacher Quality Standard(s):