Tech Tools For Increased Engagement in Instruction and Student Projects
Teaching the 21 century skills required in the common core standards necessitates the use of technology in the classroom. Fortunately, integrating technology into your classroom can be fun and exciting. Technology can also be weaved into your current lessons and curriculum with little effort. Students are typically more engaged in the lesson when current technology is used, and technology can help teachers to easily differentiate their lessons. In this class, we will learn about current technology tools and how to use them during classroom instruction and in student created works.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Implement exciting, new technology tools into the classroom that can easily be incorporated into daily lessons.
- Increase student engagement in the classroom through the use of new technology.
- Analyze technology tools and online resources that support curriculum standards and learning objectives.
- Develop a variety of technology-based activities and products for use in the classroom.
- Grade(s): Kindergarten | 1st Grade | 2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | 6th Grade | 7th Grade | 8th Grade | 9th Grade | 10th Grade | 11th Grade | 12th Grade | Elementary K-5 | Secondary 6-12
- Subject(s): English Language Arts | Professional Development | Social Studies | Technology
- Colorado Academic Standard(s):
- Teacher Quality Standard(s):