Cultivating Curiosity in K–12 Classrooms: How to Promote and Sustain Deep Learning
In this online course, students will participate in a book study of Cultivating Curiosity in K-12 Classrooms: How to Promote and Sustain Deep Learning by Wendy Ostroff. This book study will explore how teachers can make time in their busy class schedules to allow students the opportunity to be curious, creative, and driven by inquiry. Participants will collaboratively discuss ideas and strategies from the book in online discussion forums, reflect on their teaching practice by writing journal entries, and will make an action plan to incorporate curiosity into the classroom. This course is appropriate for all K-12 teachers and others involved in education.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize how to promote curiosity in students and make the classroom a place of exploration.
- Implement strategies that allow students to use their creative minds and inquiry skills to help them to engage in deeper learning.
- Develop effective lessons that encourage students to hone their curiosity in the classroom.
- Establish and maintain structures that help to integrate creativity in the classroom and class curriculum.
- Grade(s): Pre-K | Kindergarten | 1st Grade | 2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | 6th Grade | 7th Grade | 8th Grade | 9th Grade | 10th Grade | 11th Grade | 12th Grade | Elementary K-5 | Secondary 6-12
- Subject(s): Education Support Professionals | Professional Development | Differentiation
- Colorado Academic Standard(s):
- Teacher Quality Standard(s):