The Book Whisperer: Awakening the Inner Reader in Every Child
This course will be a book study of Donalyn Miller’s book The Book Whisperer: Awakening the Inner Reader in Every Child. Participants will discuss and make plans of implementation to engage a classroom of readers. Participants will also walk away with easily-applicable resources to use and/ or modify in their classroom. This book will inspire you to find the reader in all your students!
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Identify ways to motivate all readers.
- Establish ways to promote authentic reading.
- Identify ways to modify concepts for your classroom.
- Create a plan for implementation of concepts in your classroom.
- Grade(s): Pre-K | Kindergarten | 1st Grade | 2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | 6th Grade | 7th Grade | 8th Grade | 9th Grade | 10th Grade | 11th Grade | 12th Grade | Elementary K-5 | Secondary 6-12
- Subject(s): English Language Arts | English Language Learning | Reading,Writing,Communicating
- Colorado Academic Standard(s):
- Teacher Quality Standard(s):