Science Literacy for Every Classroom
Teachers will actively participate in online learning to develop their understanding of what science literacy is, strategies for integrating it into their curriculum, and how it aligns with their current practices. Teachers will reflect on their own practices as well as providing comments and support for their fellow colleagues. Teachers will participate in the weekly assignments by reading background information and applying learned strategies in their curriculum planning and classroom instruction.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Implement a variety of science literacy strategies for reading, writing and talk in the classroom.
- Identify and explain what science literacy is, and how it differs due to being content-specific.
- Develop a means of assessing science literacy by analyzing a variety of assessment tools and rubrics.
- Adapt lesson plans to include elements of science literacy to enhance instruction and optimize time and student engagement.
- Grade(s): Pre-K | Kindergarten | 1st Grade | 2nd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | 6th Grade | 7th Grade | 8th Grade | 9th Grade | 10th Grade | 11th Grade | 12th Grade | Elementary K-5 | Secondary 6-12
- Subject(s): Art/Music | Career And Technical | English Language Arts | Math | Professional Development | Science | Social Studies | Technology
- Colorado Academic Standard(s):
- Teacher Quality Standard(s):