Getting Started with Standards-Based Classrooms
We know what are standards but what is a standards-based classroom? This course provides a look into a standards-based classroom, where teachers and students have a clear understanding of expectations (e.g., standards), they know what they are teaching/learning each day, and understand why what is being taught is important. Examples of standards-based classrooms will be examined and the key components for a standards-based classroom will be explored.
Upon completion of this class, students will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of a standards-based classroom.
- Describe how standards should be used in a standards-based classroom.
- Demonstrate how Colorado developed standards-based resources can be used in a classroom.
- Organize an ‘assessment’ mix that support a standards-based classroom.
- Explain ways that teachers can help all students learn.
- Illustrate ways that school leadership affects standards implementation.
- Grade(s): Pre-K | Kindergarten | 1st Grade | 2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | 6th Grade | 7th Grade | 8th Grade | 9th Grade | 10th Grade | 11th Grade | 12th Grade | Elementary K-5 | Secondary 6-12
- Subject(s): Professional Development
- Colorado Academic Standard(s):
- Teacher Quality Standard(s):