Planning for Inquiry in the Writing Workshop
Have you struggled with teaching writing? Is planning for writing difficult? Do you want to increase student engagement during writing? This course is designed to take teachers through the writing process. Teachers will find quality mentor texts and develop a student-friendly, easy-to-follow rubric that maximizes engagement. Teachers will walk away from this course with a writing unit planned, with mentor texts and mini-lesson ideas, and an easy-to-use framework to plan additional units.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Identify quality mentor texts aligned to state standards and district curriculum.
- Develop an engaging writing unit aligned to state standards and district curriculum.
- Create a rubric that students will personalize and use for guidance in their own writing.
- Grade(s): Pre-K | Kindergarten | 1st Grade | 2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | 6th Grade | 7th Grade | 8th Grade | 9th Grade | 10th Grade | 11th Grade | 12th Grade | Elementary K-5 | Secondary 6-12
- Subject(s): English Language Arts | Reading,Writing,Communicating
- Colorado Academic Standard(s):
- Teacher Quality Standard(s):