The Brain Power Classroom
This book study will provide participants with an opportunity to explore the benefits of creating a more mindful classroom where students are working on social/emotional intelligence and well as being empowered and engaged in learning. The Brain Power classroom can apply to all grade levels. Part one examines the ten components of a Brain Power Classroom and the neuroscience related to the power of the brain by looking at how the learning process includes physical health, creativity, emotions and cognition. Part two presents specific brain power activities under the umbrella of the Brain Power 10 to help build a brain power classroom. This book provides simple and actionable steps to build a community of motivated learners through collaboration and engagement.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze the brain and its functions in relation to learning and social/emotional health.
- Identify the ten essentials of a Brain Power Classroom.
- Implement individual and group exercises to address the development of each child holistically and build community.
- Develop new activities to add to their Brain Power Classroom.
- Grade(s): Kindergarten | 1st Grade | 2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | 6th Grade | 7th Grade | 8th Grade | 9th Grade | 10th Grade | 11th Grade | 12th Grade | Elementary K-5 | Secondary 6-12
- Subject(s): Education Leadership | Education Support Professionals | Professional Development | Teacher Leadership/Effectiveness
- Colorado Academic Standard(s):
- Teacher Quality Standard(s):