Explore COpilot: Understanding the Colorado Academic Standards
This test course is for people wishing to explore COpilot. All users and activity will be deleted on a weekly basis. You cannot earn graduate credit for enrolling in this course.
The course introduces the Colorado Academic Standards (CAS) structure available in ten content areas. The addition of Extended Evidence Outcomes (for students with significant cognitive disabilities) and Colorado English Language Proficiency (CELP) standards to the CAS is also covered. Resources developed by Colorado educators with the help of Colorado Department of Education based on the standards are explored.
- Module 1: Colorado Academic Standards (CAS) Structure
- Study the components of the Colorado Academic Standards (CAS), including Extended Evidence Outcomes and English Language Proficiency Standards
- Explain the relationship between the CAS and the Common Core State Standards
- Module 2: 21st Century Skills & Postsecondary Workforce Readiness
- Analyze how Colorado defines 21st century skills for each core content area
- Apply the "right side" of the standards to your classroom and instruction
- Module 3: Additional Ways to Look at CAS
- Explore additional tools for CAS implementation
- Create assessments, both formative and summative, that align to the CAS
- Grade(s): Pre-K | Kindergarten | 1st Grade | 2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | 6th Grade | 7th Grade | 8th Grade | 9th Grade | 10th Grade | 11th Grade | 12th Grade | Elementary K-5 | Secondary 6-12
- Subject(s): Art/Music | Career And Technical | Colorado Academic Standards | Comprehensive Health | Dance | Drama/Theater Arts | English Language Arts | English Language Learning | Math | Music | Physical Education | Reading,Writing,Communicating | Science | Social Studies | Technology | Visual Arts | World Languages
- Colorado Academic Standard(s):
- Teacher Quality Standard(s):