The Art of Coaching
This course is a book study of Elena Aguilar’s book, The Art of Coaching, Effective Strategies for School Transformation. Participants will collaboratively discuss the 15 chapters in the text and reflect on implications in their own coaching.
Elena Aguilar’s first book is The Art of Coaching. Readers find Elena’s book to be informative and actionable, inspiring and illuminating, and applicable in many contexts.
The Art of Coaching offers the foundational skills and tools needed by coaches, as well as presenting an overview of the knowledge and theory base behind coaching best practice. Established coaches will find numerous ways to deepen and refine their work. Principals and others who incorporate coaching strategies into their work will also find a wealth of resources. Elena offers a model for transformational coaching which could be implemented as professional development in schools or districts anywhere. Although she addresses the needs of adult learners, her model maintains a student-centered focus, with a specific lens trained always on addressing equity issues in schools.
The Art of Coaching:
- Offers a practical resource for school coaches, principals, district leaders, and other administrators
- Presents a transformational coaching model which addresses systems change
- Pays explicit attention to surfacing and interrupting inequities in schools
- Offers a compendium of school coaching ideas
- Grade(s): Pre-K | Kindergarten | 1st Grade | 2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | 6th Grade | 7th Grade | 8th Grade | 9th Grade | 10th Grade | 11th Grade | Elementary K-5 | Secondary 6-12
- Subject(s): Professional Development | Teacher Leadership/Effectiveness | Teacher Quality Standards
- Colorado Academic Standard(s):
- Teacher Quality Standard(s):